MW Pre Twist Lunge 1
MW Pre Twist Lunge 1 is the first step of MW Twist Lunge progression exercise. The aim is to test lower body stability and take confidence with the foot-hip rotation movement. The circular movement of the arms help you to improve lower body stability and generale coordination during rotational movement.
- Start position: Keep arms opened and fully extended with depressed shoulders (scapular activation);
- Movement: focus first on foot + hips rotation; The arms follow the rotational movement of the hips;
- End position: touch the ground with the knee; keep the anterior arm fully extended;
- Movement back to start position: from the half-kneeling position, push to the ground with the foot of the anterior leg;
- Keep closed eyes if you want to improve the proprioception of the movement;