MW Twist Lunge + nukite
MW Twist Lunge + Nukite is an advanced exercise used in the karate / martial arts training to improve the capacity of using hip rotation and lower body as primary driver for an upper body power production. This exercise became realy efficient when the force-transfert from lower to upper body is optimized pushing foot on the ground.
- Start position: Keep elbows close to the body with depressed shoulders (scapular activation) and supinated-opened hands;
- Movement: focus first on foot + hips rotation;
- End position: fully extended arm in the neutral position with opened hand (Nukite)
- Movement back to start position: from the half-kneeling lunge position, push to the ground with the foot of the anterior leg;
- keep eyes closed during the execution;