MW Twist Lunge + Punch
MW Twist Lunge + Punch is an advanced exercise used in the karate / martial arts training to improve the capacity of using hip rotation + lower body as the primary driver for an upper body power production. This exercise became really efficient when the force-transfer from lower to upper body is optimized pushing foot on the ground.
- Start position: Keep elbows close to the body with depressed shoulders (scapular activation);
- Movement: focus first on foot + hips rotation;
- End position: fully extended arm in the neutral position (hummer punch)
- Movement back to start position: from the half-kneeling lunge position, focus on pushing your anterior foot on the ground;
- keep eyes closed during the execution;